In this instruction we will show you how to share a study with a radiology department.
STEP 1: Select the studies that you wish to share
STEP 2: Choose your recipients
You can select a recipient by :
- clicking the 'favorites' icon
- filling out criteria with the field 'recipient'
- clicking the 'search' icon
You can add additional recipients by clicking the button
By clicking the icon, your list of favorites will be shown.
Clicking a favorite will automatically add this group as a recipient.
You can add favorites to your list :
- from your address book
- by selecting a group and highlighting the star icon:
Be aware: the radiology department will be added to your list of favorites after the share action has been completed.
2. Searching for a recipient
In the search bar you can lookup a radiology department by searching:
- the name of the radiology department
When hovering over the information icon, additional information on the selected medical department is displayed.
3. Detailed search
From this screen, you can use specific selection criteria to look up and select the desired user, group or radiology department as recipient.
If you have selected a group as recipient, you can add the following options:
In case a member of the radiology department wants to consult the shared study, a one-time-password will be sent to the registered mobile number and needs to be entered before access is given
The bucket can be unlocked by the Service desk or an admin user of the sending radiology department (see 4.8 Status Forwarding )
The mail will be sent to all users of the radiology department that are marked as "responsible" and have indicated that they want to receive this type of email. The mail contains the following information:
that an exam has been shared
who shared the exam
which exam was shared (patient name initials, description of the exam, date of the exam) + a link to open the exam
the message in case this was entered by the sender
Step 3: Parameters for sharing
1. When sharing a study with a radiology department, you can opt for
- Images and read access to the report
- Images and write access to the report
The option 'Images only' is not available when sharing with a radiology department.
2. You need to register a 'Reason for sharing'. The reason is not communicated to the recipient but is mandatory and will be registered in PACSonWEB.
3. The language, used for sending the message:
By default the language of the first recipient is selected but you can change the language by using the drop down menu.
In case you select multiple recipients with different languages, the mail is sent to all recipients, using the language of the first recipient.
If however, the majority of the recipients have the same language, this is the language that will be selected automatically.
4. Valid till (dd/mm/yyyy)
By default the validity period is set to 1 month but you can change this by:
- filling out the desired time period manually.
- selecting a dte, using the calendar icon.
- selecting the option 'Unlimited access'.
The default validity period can be configured for each sending radiology department. PACSonWEB offers the possibility to define a default or maximal validity period.
The option 'Unlimited access' can also be deactivated on a source level.
In case a specific configuration is desired, please contact the service desk.
5. Patient Agreed
This must always be checked, because without the patient’s consent the study may not be shared.
6. Optional settings
- ‘Urgent’ :
This adds 'Urgent' to the subject of the related mail
- 'Anonymize' :
This replaces the name of the patient:
- The first name is replaced by a number
- The last name is replaced by Anonymous
The report for an anonymized study will never be accessible, even if you selected the option 'Images and read access on the report' or 'Images and write access on the report'.
- Allow further sharing
Activating this option allows the recipient to share the study further with other recipients
Unlike when sharing with a user, the message is not available as a separate series within the exam and no label 'message' is added.
It is added to the mail, sent to the recipient.
When sharing a study with a medical imaging department, the same values for the following parameters are selected automatically with the next user sharing operation:
- Two-factor authentication
- Send mail
STEP 4: Confirmation
A pop-up window with the information about the shared study will be displayed.
- With the button "Copy this information", the content of the pop-up is copied to the clipboard so e.g. it can be pasted into your own email.
- In case ‘Send e-mail’ is checked, the mail is send to all user from the receiving radiology department, marked as responsible and registered to receive these mails.
- Using ‘Share again’ you can share the same set of studies again with another recipient.
- In case the receiving radiology department has the autotransfer option enabled, the images will be loaded into the local PACS system automatically.